Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Meeting Monday

So, Monday we had to go back to school (vacations are so short!) and so I had to stay after school and have a meeting with Mrs. Halliwell. At first I'd hoped that she'd forgotten about it but while we were paired up and working on our projects, she came by to remind me. By the way, if anyone is interested, our project is that we have to come up with articles (local, national, world news...weather, etc.) and present them in class as if we're doing a news show. Jessica McConnell and I are partners so that's fun.

Anyhoo, so after school was over, I stayed in my seat until Mrs. Halliwell called me over to her desk. Then I reluctantly gathered my stuff and went to see her. First we went over the extra credit paper that I had mostly done. She showed me how to figure out where the decimal point goes, in the answer, then had me do them. Then she corrected my paper (I got 4 wrong, out of 10) and instead of giving me a 60% because of the questions I got wrong, Mrs. Halliwell had me try the four questions again, in front of her. It took me a couple of tries on a couple of them and I got frustrated. Mrs. Halliwell could see that because she kept telling me that it was okay and not to beat myself up over it. Along with doing the problems right there, she asked me to try to figure out where I'd made my mistakes the first time around. Eventually, though, I got them all right and Mrs. Halliwell gave me a 100% on the extra credit. I still don't think I deserved it though...

After that, she told me to redo the questions that I had gotten wrong, from the homework sheet before vacation, for more extra credit. She already corrected the answers but wants me to redo the problems on my own. Then, she quickly went over my social studies quiz with me. We had gotten them back yesterday and...no surprise, I failed it, too. *Sighs* It's my fault for barely studying. Mrs. Halliwell had me rewrite the quiz questions, with the right name, in the beginning of each senetence. And if I want to do extra credit for S.S., I have to write at least one page on the Lousiana Purchase. *Head-desk* It's sooo boring. Learning that stuff makes me yawn. I like some history but other history, not so much. It really depends on both the subject and how I'm learning, I think.

So, needless to say, I have a lot of homework to do and no motivation to do it. The story of my homework-loaded life. But, I suppose I should try to do something...

Blah...

~Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment